Monday, November 8, 2010

Bad Dreams

Art: Stairway of Dreams - Josephine Wall
from a letter of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Igros Kodesh Vol. 5 #1265

You ask for advice concerning your wife's bad dreams that disturb her from her sleep. I suggest you check your mezuzos throughout your home. Also, ask your wife if recently she embarrassed anybody; if she did, she should ask for forgiveness before three people. She should say "If I embarrassed any Jew, intentionally or accidentally, I regret whole-heartedly and ask forgiveness." She should also give tzedaka to Rabbi Meir Baal HaNess (a charity associated with the Holy Land of Israel). Prior to reading the Shema and going to sleep she should read, in English, Yiddish or any other language, from the memoirs of my saintly father-in-law.

I am sure that all of these spiritual remedies will reduce her bad dreams and eventually will remove them completely.

No comments: