Monday, August 17, 2015

Overcoming Obstacles



Elul - L'Dovid Hashem Ori - When You Carry Valuable Merchandise

The Ohr HaMeir says that in life there are certain people who have it easy. Everything goes smooth for them and no obstacles stand in their way. They think that they have reached perfection, they are on top of the world. On the other hand some people cannot catch a break. Every time they make a move something goes wrong. Are they traveling on the wrong road?

The Ohr HaMeir explains with a Mashal. If someone is traveling on the road carrying a sack of wheat husks, his trip is easy. He can travel wherever he wants, for as long as he wants, feeling secure and knowing no one will rob him of his goods. However, if he is carrying a satchel of precious stones he sweats every step, knowing that he is a hunted man.

Dovid HaMelech says in L'Dovid Hashem Ori [Tehilim 27:3] "Im Takum Alai Milchama B'Zos Ani Botei'ach" - if the enemy is constantly attacking me, in this I find confidence. Why? If my path in life was devoid of any value I would not encounter constant resistance from the Yetzer Hara. The fact that there is an obstacle in my path at every turn is a sign that I, my actions, goals, and ambitions are very valuable. So valuable that the Yetzer Hara is throwing all his resources at me to stop from accomplishing my dreams.

As we start Elul and head quickly towards Rosh Hashana and a new year, contemplate the past year. Did you have it easy? Did you get anything worthwhile accomplished? The Ohr HaMeir would venture to guess that the answer to the first question is not the answer to the second!

Source: Revach L'Neshama

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good Devorah,
Thanks for the posting.

Does it also apply to all humanity, no matter what belief system they may have?
s.anon

Devorah said...

I don't know about all beliefs, but if you are someone who is reading this blog and trying to improve yourself and remove bad character traits, then yes it applies to you.

Anonymous said...

:-) :-)

Todah,
I am noahide :)

annie said...

Thank you for clarifying... *:-) Listening intently!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs. Devorah!

B'H!

Thank you very much for the post.

He (post) came at a good time.

Are very significant for many people, as well as for me.


All the best and Shavua Tov!

Luiz Felipe (Bnei Noach) - S.P. - Brazil

Leah said...

Hi Devorah. This post is very timely. I needed that for today....to keep me on track- to concentrate... Thanks! :)

Devorah said...

To Yehoshua: Why call yourself a kosher Jewish blog when you are promoting Xtianity? Why the need to be deceitful? I deleted your comment for obvious reasons. Please do not come back to my site.