Thursday, September 12, 2019

False Prophet Syndrome



The term ''false prophet'' has been used a couple of times in the past month: once by a blogger who linked to me, and yesterday by a blogger referring to other people.

One of the reasons I started blogging was because I was sucked in to someone else's fake Torah.  I wanted to start a site that only contained TRUE Torah.

To that end, I started to publish short articles from Torah giants.  When you read Torah on my blog you can be sure it is real Torah.  Such greats as the Lubavitcher Rebbe, the Ben Ish Chai, Noam Elimelech etc.  

When you watch a video on my blog, you can also be certain that the Rabbis I choose are teaching True Torah.... such as Rabbi Anava to name just one.

There is a grey area when it comes to predicting future events.  One of my favourite lecturers, Rabbi Mendel Kessin, has often stated that he is NOT a prophet and he could be wrong when he predicts future events.  Everyone needs to bear this in mind - his 21st Century series of videos where he speaks about America, Israel and Moshiach are his interpretation of current events but he is not a Prophet. Hashem will do whatever Hashem will do, and no rabbi, however great, can be sure of how things will turn out.  I think it is important to remember that.

I took great offence when the blogger who I will not name called me a False Prophet.... I don't do prophecy and I hope that nothing on this blog has caused anyone to lose faith in anything.... although I myself threw my hands up in the air and deleted my entire blog back in 5770 when Moshiach didn't come.... even I was susceptible back then.  

Nothing is certain, everything is unknown, even the way the Geula will play out.  No human these days knows for sure and we must all keep that in mind when we listen to some of the lectures that I post here regarding future events.  The most important thing is to keep praying for the Geula and keep learning Torah.

14 comments:

Lisa said...

i love your blog. it's the first one i read...everyday. thank you

Anonymous said...

Your blog is informative and good . Thanks for your efforts.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Never in a million years would I ever consider you a false Prophet!!
I find your blog very objective and informative. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and whether they believe/accept what you present or not. No one should ever abrogate their responsibility to think for themselves. We are the Jewish people not the Jewish Sheeple. --Best wishes, DIASPORA RO

Anonymous said...

Amen v'Amen,

I thank Hashem for your blog Devorah, for here i have learned much...

Especially about the Rebbe.

Hashem let me have the chance to visit the Ohel, and i have had nothing but peace in me... since then.. BH..

I know Rebbe just takes our prayers to Hashem... Perhaps, the Rebbe pleaded more on my behalf... i do not know.. i am just so happy, and intend to smile no matter what... all things good are happening and oh, i just look to Hashem...

Yes, i do read some blogs, and i do hear some Rabbis not all, just some whose teachings reach out deep within me.. In the end, of course not anyone- but HASHEM, only Hashem will do as Hashem wishes..
Amen.

Thanks again for your blog and reaching out to so many....

I am watching the series based on the true happening of a great Jewish soul "The Spy"... it has been done so beautifully, its just something everyone should see.

It has nothing to do with 'prediction' just shows how a great Jewish man, helped his country..

Hashem bless Israel, and Hashem bless you Devorah, and also many lovely Jewish blogs...

Hashem bless all of Am Israel, and also please Hashem other non Jewish but trying to do good people .Amen.

And if we just turn to Hashem to help us, and we ourselves try to live a life of love and trust and being kind to as many as we can..
Hashem sees and Hashem will bless, and yes... perhaps send us the Mashiach..soon. Amen...

In the end all IS in Hashem's Hands... and Hashem will do as Hashem wants. Amen .. and not any other human.

marie..

Devorah said...

Thank you all for the validation, I wasn't seeking any praise, I just needed to clarify because even if ONE reader takes away a wrong impression, I have not done my job properly. Unlike the original Devorah who I was named after, I am certainly no prophet[ess] and have never thought of myself as one.

שלמה said...

The Lubavitcher Rebe is the prophet of our generation

Devorah said...

Shlomo: Yes he was, he was a known Tzaddik.

Which brings me to that rumour that the Lubavitcher Rebbe told Netanyahu that he would be the last Prime Minister before Moshiach. I don't know if that's true or not, certainly you won't find that on any Chabad site [if someone has found it on Chabad please go ahead and correct me]. Here is a link to my own blog posts regarding the Rebbe and Netanyahu:
https://shiratdevorah.blogspot.com/2015/03/bibi-netanyahu-last-prime-minister.html [this post says he did say that, but again it is not confirmed anywhere else]
This second post is more reliable: http://shiratdevorah.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-rebbe-netanyahu-and-moshiach.html

Jewgirl said...

Hi Devorah,

I look at your site for years every morning drinking my coffee. I'm always very careful what people are posting you have nothing to worry about.

Jewgirl

Yosef said...

why bother even trying?

"Be simple with the Lord, your God." Devarim 18:13

Rashi:Conduct yourself with Him with simplicity and depend on Him, and do not inquire of the future; rather, accept whatever happens to you with [unadulterated] simplicity and then, you will be with Him and to His portion. — [Sifrei]

Anonymous said...

I also open your page as soon as I sit down in the morning in front of my computer.
Thank you for your excellent content which gives chizuk, focus and brightens my day.

Devorah said...

I’m am convinced that the reason my blog is so popular is because the Lubavitcher Rebbe gave me a bracha to blog via a dream about 15 years ago - all credit goes to his blessing and I am very humbled by it.

Devorah said...

And that is also one reason why I am anonymous - blessing rests on that which is hidden. And it is definitely a bracha from the Rebbe no question about it.

Anonymous said...


General , messages , redemption leaflets
Dream message Moshiach from our mother Imano - very powerful! To save the people of Israel--5780


https://sod1820.co.il/%d7%9e%d7%a1%d7%a8-%d7%97%d7%9c%d7%95%d7%9d-%d7%9e%d7%a8%d7%97%d7%9c-%d7%90%d7%99%d7%9e%d7%a0%d7%95-%d7%97%d7%96%d7%a7-%d7%91%d7%99%d7%95%d7%aa%d7%a8-%d7%9c%d7%94%d7%a6%d7%9c%d7%aa-%d7%a2%d7%9d/

Devorah said...

For those who can't see the Blog Roll, there is a new post by Dov Bar Leib: The Upcoming Election