Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

It's That Time Again


During the ten days of teshuva [repentence] between Rosh haShana and Yom Kippur, we are supposed to apologize and make amends to anyone we have upset during the past year.  

One of the dangers of blogging is that you upset many people who you don't even know you've upset.  None of it is intentional.  I don't know most of the people who read this blog, I don't even know where they come from, although mostly it is the U.S. and Israel, with a scattering of Europe, Canada and Australia.

Most of the hits come from bots.  I can get 40,000 hits from bots in one day.  I know they are bots because they come from places like Vietnam and Singapore, where I have no real readers at all.  [If you are a reader who comes from Singapore, please let me know, and I'm sorry I called you a bot].

I have no idea how many people read this blog.  The numbers I'm given make no sense at all.  

Now, back to the apology.  As I was saying, it is very easy to offend some people, such as the person who came to my blog not so long ago and asked a question, which I answered, and then they responded by telling me how rude I was and that they would never come back again.  I still don't know what I did wrong!    I decided there was no point apologizing because they weren't coming back anyway.

Sometimes it's my Aussie accent that can sound rude to people from other countries.  In Australia, we call a spade a spade, and don't bother flattering the spade by calling it by some flowery name.  If you want an honest opinion, ask an Australian, but be prepared for the honesty, because that's what you'll get.  So perhaps it's my Aussie accent that offends some people, but whatever the case, that's my language, straight and to the point, I don't bend the truth and I don't know who anyone is, so it's never personal.

I wish everyone a peaceful and delightful 5787, with the coming of Moshiach, who should have come last year but if He turns up this year then that's fine with me.  I forgive everyone who's aggravated me in any way, and I will try my best not to offend anyone in the future.  

Just wanted to get all that off my chest and I feel much better now.



No comments:

Post a Comment