Friday, November 19, 2010

The Generation with the Face of a Dog

"With the advent of the footsteps of Mashiach, insolence will increase and prices will soar; the vine will yield its fruit, yet wine will be dear; the government will turn to heresy and no one will rebuke them; the meeting place of scholars will be used for immorality; Galilee will be destroyed, Gavlan will be desolate, and those who dwell on the borders will wander about begging from town to town without being pitied; the wisdom of the scholars will degenerate, those who fear sin will be despised, and the truth will be lacking; youths will put old men to shame, elders will rise in deference to the young, a son will revile his father, a daughter will rise up against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, and a man's enemies will be the members of his household; the face of the generation will be like the face of a dog; a son will not feel ashamed before his father.

So upon whom can we rely? -- Upon our Father Who is in heaven."               [Sotah 9:15]

It's been totally apparent to me for a long time now that these days there is no-one who can help, and the only place to go to is straight to the top: to Hashem.  I  have stopped asking people for assistance, because I know there is none.  People have their own troubles to deal with, there's not much energy (or time) left for other peoples'.  I guess that's what it means when it says that the generation before Moshiach will have the "face of a dog".  

So I really want to share this with all of you, because it's pretty awesome.

I've been having some money problems lately, something I haven't really had to worry too much about for a few years now, but suddenly it seemed that everything changed, and the money stopped.  I wondered how I was going to pay my bills, like many other people who read this blog and who email me, money is the biggest problem of all.

So I said to G-d that it was too much for me to deal with.  I have enough to cope with one way and another, and I can't take on the "money" problem, it's just too hard.  Maybe G-d could step in and sort it all out.

That same day, in fact just hours after my conversation with G-d, the phone rang.  It was a rabbi who I have known for quite a long time. He asked me to do some transcription typing for him.... quite a lot of work, and enough to pay the bills for now anyway.

So I start typing..... as I am one-quarter of the way thru the work, suddenly I realise I am typing the answer to another problem I have.   Not only has this rabbi given me a way to pay the bills, he has given me the solution to a difficult issue.    And he doesn't even know that he's solved two problems for me, he is just the intermediary, the real problem-solver is Hashem.

I'm going to ask his permission before I blog the "solution" I just typed up for him.   But the main point of this is to say that G-d is listening, don't be afraid to ask for assistance.  That's what we're supposed to be doing now, in this generation with the "face of a dog" we can only turn to Hashem.   That's the whole point..... we have to learn to rely solely on G-d and not on other people.  

5 comments:

Yonatan said...

So true and yet very few people believe this. Ask Hashem for everything, then go out and do your part in the world he created.

Leah said...

So I have to tell you, Devorah. My husband and I have been having a trying time and our Emunah is strong( I would like to think it is). so, the interesting thing is that my husband recently had surgery and we have our $ issues and the like. Well, for approximately 1 1/2 weeks every day your blog spoke specifically and personally to my husband and I . I have always looked at your blog 6 days a week with great anticipation, yet here were my husband and I looking everyday to see what Hashem would guide you to write. Unbelievble. We actually really think that from many many miles across the continents that you were to write the torah wisdom, chesed and the sources which guided us and validated us. Mamash amazing.
I am glad that you have been the shaliach in this.
Be well. Abe gezunt.

Devorah said...

I'm pretty sure that most of the things I put on this blog are not really from me, they are somehow "sent" to me, and it is definitely a case of Divine input as to what is blogged every day. I think I am just the person who publishes a website where G-d can reassure everyone on a daily basis. I feel very privileged to be able to blog every day. It's like a gift from Above.

lisa said...

Devorah, I can only repeat what has already been said. Your blog is a source of inspiration and knowledge. We are in the time of the face of the dog, we do need to keep our eyes on the Top, and not at what is going on here. And I am so glad that you are finding sustenance and soul food with your job. May your shabbat be serene and joyous, and may we soon see you here, in Israel!!!

Noise Blockers and Other Remedies said...

Hi Devorah,

Glad you wrote this, could not agree with this more. Yet, somehow I think that something, someone will say, or something out there will strike an inner chord within and I'll then take it further. I YEARN to be able to connect to Hashem in a complete full way and that there will be a DIALOGUE between us.

How to - step by step. Please