Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Darach Kochav m'Yaakov

 


Photo: RBA / FB

Here's my capture and rendition of comet C/2023 A3 (Tsuchinshan-ATLAS) captured about 5 hours ago (Oct 13 @ 19:35 local time) from San Luis Reservoir, California. I did not notice the anti-tail in the single frames, otherwise I would have framed it differently 馃槵馃槄 You may need to tap on the image to see the whole thing. I could see the comet with my eyes without any trouble, and much better with binoculars. Moonlight was annoying. Without moonlight, this comet would be putting a much bigger show. I used a Canon 70-200mm lens @ 145mm, and a Sony a7s camera. No tracking. 37 x 5 secs subs, f/2.8 @ ISO 1600.


Photo: Cory Poole Photography/FB

1 comment:

Devorah said...

What is an anti-tail?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tail