Thursday, July 23, 2026

Handing the Keys to Moshiach


Rabbi Moshe Ben Tov [1930 - July 16, 2010] was a renowned Kabbalist, known for his unique ability to read mezuzot, earning him the title “Roeh Mezuzot,” or “the Mezuzah Seeker.” Through his extraordinary spiritual insight, Rabbi Ben Tov could discern the past and present conditions of individuals by examining their mezuzot. This practice made him a revered figure in the world of Jewish mysticism, and people from all walks of life sought his blessings and guidance.  

During  a visit to the Prime Minister's Office, Rabbi Ben Tov made a remarkable statement to Netanyahu.

“It is very important that your love of Israel continue until the Moshiach comes because you are going to stay in office and are going to meet him,” Rabbi Ben Tov said to Netanyahu. “You are the one who will give him the keys to this office.”                     

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for your attention to this matter !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lubavitcher Rebbe said the same thing to Netanyahu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to believe that, so please show me a link or evidence of this. I have searched but not found.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I also heard the same thing about the Rebbe, several times, from different sources. Maybe people are confusing 2 separate stories?

      I met Rabbi Ben Tov ztl", we had the zchut to have our mezuzot read by him. He was in the states around 24 years ago, I cant remember exactly why he came but he was reading our neighbors mezzuzot upstairs. They were Israelis and they made sure we met with the Rav and he read our mezuzot too. The Rav knew things about us he could have had zero way of knowing without having read it in the mezuzah. If the Rav, ztl" said that I would strongly believe it.
      CSF

      Delete
    3. There was a video, but it's been taken down, and I saw the Rav up a ladder and he was saying the words. This is not heresay, I saw it with my own eyes [on video]. Just a shame that whoever put it up on You Tube closed their account.

      Delete
    4. Actually it may not have been a ladder, just a step or something, but Netanyahu was there, it was his office.

      Delete
  3. https://shiratdevorah.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-rebbe-netanyahu-and-moshiach.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot remember where I saw it, but it made an indelible memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, I'm happy with that, I'll ask some Lubavitchers and see what I come up with.

      Delete
  5. According to Google AI
    There is no record of the Lubavitcher Rebbe (Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson) stating that Benjamin Netanyahu would stay in office until Moshiach (the Messiah).This claim stems from a popular political rumor rather than a verified statement. It is sometimes connected to a well-documented 1984 meeting between the Rebbe and Netanyahu, who was serving as Israel's UN Ambassador at the time.

    "The Rebbe insisted, “There is still much to influence here at the United Nations…. You know there is a Jewish mitzvah [injunction] to influence the gentiles. This is your job to do.”

    I dodged this diplomatically. “I haven’t forgotten our first meeting,” I said, “and I have acted as the Rebbe said, standing proud and strong. Yet I have been here for years.”

    Evidently, this length of service didn’t impress the Rebbe. “You can stay here until the arrival of the Messiah,” he said.

    But I stood my ground. Thanking the Rebbe for all his encouragement, I said I hoped to see him soon."

    https://anash.org/bibi-recalls-rebbes-promise-in-newest-book/

    "Rabbi Shmuel Shmueli, a follower of Rabbi Kaduri, revealed that Kaduri had always maintained that Netanyahu would serve a very long time and after his term in office, the Messiah would arrive. Before his death, Kaduri had said that he expected the Jewish Messiah, to arrive soon and that he had met him a year earlier."

    https://israel365news.com/336679/netanyahu-wins-election-after-rabbi-predicts-he-will-be-israels-last-prime-minister-before-messiah/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Rebbe said “You can stay here until the arrival of the Messiah"

    That's good enough. The Tzadik decrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even though that statement was made supposedly referring to Bibi in the US.... all the Rebbe's statements could be taken in many different ways. Nothing that was said by the Rebbe was "simple" - much thought would be given to anything the Rebbe said to anyone.

      Delete
    2. And in all cases, the words had deeper meaning to the person they were spoken to, and other people would not understand that deeper meaning. So yes, it's relevant.

      Delete
  7. The Rebbe knew how disastrous he would be for Israel. From the beginning, everyone said talking and presenting our case to the nations was his strength, but no, he had to have that top spot. That was what he signed up for, that was his job as a minion of TPTB. The Rebbe surely also knew that despite his words of encouragement to remain in chul where he could actually do some good, Netanyahu was determined, as well as destined, to be a destructive force. He signed away Hevron, He signed away Gush Katif, he signed onto the Abraham Accords and so much more horror!!! I will sponsor the biggest party when he has left the stage of history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rebbe knew everything, I can attest to that. He knew things about me.... and I never even met him personally. He wrote to me, he gave me brachot, he appeared in my dreams. When he told Bibi he could stay until the arrival of the Messiah.... it had a double meaning... which we can only see in hindsight.

      Delete