Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Born Yesterday

HT: Yaak

A 30-year-old guy goes to Rav Chaim Kanievsky to receive a beracha [blessing] for a Shidduch [marriage partner]. Rav Chaim Shlit"a tells him, "Your Bashert [soul mate, intended partner] wasn't born yet. It should be with Beracha Vehatzlaha [blessing and success]"

The news hit the man hard and he left the house crying, asking himself why he has to wait so long for a Shidduch.

Two months later, he comes back to Rav Chaim Shlit"a and announces he's engaged to a Giyoret [female convert to Judaism] who had just converted a month earlier.

[Note: when a person converts to Judaism it is as if they are re-born.  They receive a new name , and even a new birthday - the day of the conversion]

Source: KikarHaShabat

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!That's awesome!

Devorah said...

LoL, that's exactly what I said when I read it.

Leah said...

Oh, that's wild!Too cool.

Tidbits of Torah said...

Wait a minute! Laughing here - that sounds like my story!

Yes, indeed. My husband also went to Rav Kanievsky for a berach for a shidduch. My husband davened long and hard to HaShem - specifically spelling out what he wanted in a wife down to the color of the hair and eyes, etc... He cried out and if she is not to be found then create her for me! Silly me, he thought, am I to wait around for an infant to grow up?

Little did he know that at the moment he was davening this prayer I WAS GOING TO THE MIKVEH! As I too am a Giyoret!

Read my name reading from Rabbi Katz on my blog or his and check out my label "songs" Men, I am singing one song so don't click if you don't listen to recordings of women.

Amazing, yes?

Devorah said...

It is amazing... reminds me of a relative of mine. She always said she would never marry a man unless he had blue eyes.

As it turned out, she married a guy with 12 brothers and sisters.... all of them have brown eyes, except the one she married, who has blue eyes.

Leah said...

Tid Bits- that's awesome and your's too, Devorah!

Catherine said...

Wow - what amazing stories!!