|The Alter Rebbe: Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi|
[1745-1812] The Founder of Chabad
Written by Rabbi Dov Greenberg
Five Life Lessons from one of the greatest Jewish mystics: the Alter Rebbe
1. Don't worry about the state of someone else's soul and the needs of your body,
Worry about the needs of someone else's body and the state of your own soul.
2. The bite of the snake doesn't kill you, it's poison does.
The bite is the sin itself; the poison is that voice inside us that whispers ''You are a loser''.
Ignore that voice and move on.
3. Having faith in G-d means having faith in other people, and the measure of our righteousness
lies in how many people we value, not in how many we condemn.
4. A little bit of light dispels a lot of darkness.
5. Heaven is nice, but on the best things like acts of loving kindness, earth has exclusive rights.