Friday night's moon was the most incredible thing I've ever seen. It was coming up as I was walking down to my daughter's house, and it was very close, and it was HUGE. According to Google, the full moon peaked on July 30, so by Friday night - July 31 - it had transitioned into a waning gibbous phase with roughly 96% to 97% - but it sure looked full to me.
I have never seen the moon look so big. I couldn't drag myself away from it.
This photo is the closest thing I could find to what I saw, but I was nowhere near the Harbour Bridge... in fact on Friday night, the moon was on the opposite side to the Harbour Bridge, it rose up over the cliffs in the Eastern Suburbs. I just wanted you to see the colour of it, and the size. Of course photos don't do it justice, it was shining like the sun ! It was as big as the sun, and we know it is the same size as the sun but we hardly ever get to see it that way. It was glowing like a Chinese lantern.
The most amazing thing I've ever seen.

No comments:
Post a Comment
ANONYMOUS COMMENTERS: PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN SOME WAY.