Kintsugi is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery using lacquer mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum. Instead of hiding the cracks, this method highlights them, treating breakage as an important part of the object's history.
Meaning "golden joinery" Kintsugi is a traditional Japanese technique that dates back to the late 15th century. It involves repairing broken pottery using lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver or platinum. This practice reflects a deeper cultural belief that breakage and repair are part of an object's history, not something to disguise but to celebrate.
We should also celebrate our broken-ness and our repair. Wear it like a badge of honour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZSDfi1IDnM
ReplyDeleteSo funny, there's a movie on Amazon Prime, Chemical Hearts, that just themed this exact idea...Hashem is speaking to at least me, that's for sure...
ReplyDelete-leah
Hi you might be interested in this tribute to Rav Chaya in Mishpacha magazine this week: https://mishpacha.com/the-neighbor-i-never-knew/
ReplyDeletethank you very much for the link. May his neshama have an aliyah.
DeleteVictoria
Amazing video, thanks. Yes, China America...The Nations will be judged.
ReplyDelete-leah
I needed this!!
ReplyDeleteIts weird how sometimes you post exactly what I need to hear from Hashem. I know this sounds crazy but I sometimes think Hashem sends messages he wants me to hear on your blog. I'll pop open the blog and see something and know its a message, a sort of answer to what I am feeling or thinking. Is that strange to think Hashem sort of talks to me? lol
I have gotten so much chizzuk, guidance. warmth and a shared sense of community throughout the years from this blog. I cant wait to meet you and thank you in person when Moshiach comes.
About the post above.....Sometimes I look at all the perfect, holy, righteous people in certain religious neighborhoods and at the kotel and they seem effortlessly kind, patient, humble, soft spoken and I have to work so hard on myself to achieve all those qualities and it is a constant battle. It makes me feel less somehow and undeserving that I have to struggle for my good middot while so many of them seem to have been innately born that way. And sometimes when I think I've overcome a not good middah and that I've made it up a level, suddenly it pops up out of nowhere and it starts all over again. Its exhausting. It sometimes makes me feel less worthy and less loved by Hashem....like I'm one of the lesser, sort of broken Jews, limping my way along trying to cross the finish line with all the loftier, holier souls. But everything, and I mean everything is just a struggle for me. I get up every morning and I'm like..."time for battle". And I just wonder if I'm the only one and why its been this difficult?
Am I a wicked soul that's been reincarnated to do a difficult tikkun in this life? Why have I carried so many burdens and why is everything in my life a challenge?
So at least I like the idea that my brokenness is somehow something positive to celebrate and not to mourn over. Good stuff.
Btw....I'm one of your frequent readers but rather not say who this time, lol.
Old Soul
Thank you Old Soul.
DeleteI think the more you work on yourself, the more tests you get. It happens to me as well. And the tests get harder and harder. Don't beat yourself up, you're doing a great job.
Sometimes I think it would be easier if I stopped trying so hard and let it all go, and then Hashem would stop testing me.... but it doesn't even work that way.... because Hashem knows that you're just playing games and that you really want to be the best you can, and so it goes on and on.
I had this post about shattered vessels sitting in my drafts for about 10 years, and suddenly it came up and I realized I needed to put it on the blog. Maybe it was for you. Maybe it was for Leah, or whoever else is reading it. I definitely see the Hand of G-d in my blog, because often it's not me at all, it's something that tells me that this needs to be blogged now. I can't explain it, it's just a feeling.
So just keep doing what you're doing, because that's teshuva... and it takes forever to get there and your efforts don't go un-noticed by the One Above.