Friday, October 13, 2023

Miracles: The Holtzberg Torah and this week's Haftorah

Ht: Yosef

A Torah dedicated to Gavriel and Rivka Holtzberg, the victims of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, has been donated to the IDF and will be accompanying the soldiers as they go in to rescue hostages.




The Haftorah for Parshat Bereishis is Isaiah 42:5 - 43:10


Chapter 42

6. I Hashem have called you in righteousness, and have taken hold of your hand, and kept you, and set you as a covenant of the people, for a light unto the nations;  

7. To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.


22. But this is a people robbed and spoiled, they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison-houses; they are for a prey, and none to save them, for a spoil, and none are saying: 'Restore.'

Chapter 43 

10. You are My witnesses, saith the LORD, and My servant whom I have chosen; that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He; before Me there was no God formed, neither shall any be after Me. 

11.  I am Hashem, and beside Me there is no saviour.

No comments: